Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Projects and other stuff




Today has been a day of miscellaneous projects.

Like for instance, washing windows on the inside.  I have an older home and the fairly long-ago builders put 25 windows in this rather small house.  Twenty-five.  And, they are all the (I hate to use the word cheap) CHEAP aluminum kind.  The kind that sweat inside when it’s cold outside and warm in.  We’ve had a lot of that since December last.  And so, it was time to clean all the window sills and all other parts of the windows.  This is not one of my favorite things to do. 

I don’t try to do all 25 windows in one day, rather I do one room a day (every room in this house has at least two windows, some have four).  Cleaning the inside windows includes cleaning the blinds and usually moving all sorts of furniture to get to said windows.

Washing the outside of the windows is a whole other ball of wax.  BECAUSE, I have screens on my windows.  Screens that lock from the inside.  And, most of the windows are (1) screwed closed or (2) just no longer open or (3) if opened may not close again.  That will be a major undertaking for another day.  I’m open for suggestions.

Project #2 was to do some meal cooking.  Since I’m a single person, I don’t cook every day.  It’s very hard to cook for one person.  Instead, when I cook, I put single servings into containers and into the freezer.  That way I get something different every day and don’t have to buy those nasty frozen dinners.  Works for me.


 After this was done and all cleaned up, I was thinking I’d sit for a few minutes and read my book – The Hawley Book of the Dead by Chrysler Szarlan.  It’s very good – a lot spooky.  I’ll let you know how it turns out later.

Sat down and all of a sudden, I remembered the number one project I had to do today.  Vote.  Today is Primary Voting Day in Texas.  Grabbed up my voters’ registration card and purse and headed out the door.  Now, usually here in Wharton, there is seldom a line of  people waiting to vote.  Usually only one or two people at the machines.  Sad.  If you are one of those people that bitch, piss, moan, and whine about the actions of our elected government officials on Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and whatever other social media is out there, but does not vote – SHAME ON YOU! 

So, I got to my voting place and there were cars everywhere.  Whoa, thinks I, What is this???  Went inside and there was a line of maybe 20 people waiting to vote.  Wow.  As I started to go to the end of the line, someone told me I needed to be in the OTHER line (the one to get registered) and then into the vote line.  Double wow.  And, yea!  People making their feelings known.  Seems to me, this is crowded for a Primary – I’m thinking the election day voting will be busy.  Good!





Take care









PS  By the time I voted and left, the line of people waiting to vote had at least doubled!


1 comment: