Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter Bunny!




In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,


You'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade.


I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,



I'll be the proudest fellow in the Easter parade.



On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,



And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.


 Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,


And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.  Irving Berlin



When I was growing up, Easter baskets came from the Blue Bird Circle.  They were (and still are) handmade bright, crepe paper baskets with beautiful flowers.  These baskets, made and sold since 1923, are beautiful.  Something to think about for future Easters to come.





“The Circle exists to promote the well-being of humanity through the betterment of the community.  Its charitable and benevolent activities are pledged to the support of The Blue Bird Circle Clinic for Pediatric Neurology and The Blue Bird Circle Clinical Research Center at Texas Children’s Hospital, The Blue Bird Circle Developmental Neurogenetics Laboratory and The Blue Bird Circle Rett Center.”

I couldn't imagine egg hunting without Blue Bird baskets so
my children got them also.  


Take care


1 comment: