Thursday, October 19, 2017

“The earth laughs in flowers.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson



I had someone tell me once that he took exception to others saying that we, here on the Texas Gulf Plains, do not have four seasons.  Of course we do, he said.  There’s “Early Summer, Summer, Indian Summer and Hunting Season”.

We are now experiencing Indian Summer (aka: Fall).  Last week it was in the 90’s.  This week, the 80’s.  Next week is anybody’s guess!  My yard recovered moderately well from THE GREAT FLOOD OF 2017.  And, my yard is full of laughter!

Texas Coreopsis

Plumbago

Pink Turks Cap

 Coral Vine



Datura – Yellow Devil’s Trumpet

Pipevine Caterpillars on my Dutchman’s Pipe - 
Not blooming yet but soon a beautiful butterfly!


Pecans are Falling

Chaste Tree - Texas Vitex

Clerodendrum Musical Notes


Take care


No comments:

Post a Comment