Monday, July 5, 2021

Day After

 

Yesterday was the 4th.  Lots of fireworks here in my neighborhood.  I personally don’t care too much for fireworks.  Being able to watch from my back window, looking over the trees to the next street over to watch the various rockets and lights was fine.  The Demon Duo watched out the window for a short time also but ultimately retreated to the sofa with me.  I don’t think they were impressed.


Saturday Ellen and I went to Rockport – a small seaside town about 120 miles down the coast from here.  For a number of years now, every July, they host a huge Art Festival.  It’s a two-day juried art show and is held at a beach-side park.  It’s very popular. 

The set-up is four huge tents around the grounds in a big square.  Each tent has space for 20-25 artists.  Then, in the middle of square is another huge tent with tables, chairs, food vendors, music and, most importantly, air conditioning.  Because, let me tell you it was hot.  Hotter than normal hot –


Okay, maybe not that hot but - - hot.

The festival showcases every type of art –

painters,

Steve Hunsicker
Hunsicker Studio

photographers,

Steve Riley
steverileyeditions.com

jewelry design,

Carla Pennie Mcbride Jewelry Design
www.carlapennie.com

wood artists,

Mark Mallia
www.mmallia.com

potters,

Ann Feldmeir
Clay Hearts Pottery

glass artists,

Larry Pile Glass
www.larrypileglass.com

metal artists

Shawn Corder
Get Bent Metal Works

multi-media

Donna Hoyack
Natural Reflections

It’s a very good show but you need to go early or late because July in TX is hot (see above).

Friday I stayed home all day waiting, waiting, waiting  –

My new sofa arrived!  Finally!  I feel like I have a living room.

And, Thursday – I went to the dentist.  Just for a cleaning however I have a cracked tooth that really needs a crown before, gods forbid, this happens . . .


So, a crown is in the "coming soon" category.   Ugh.

Guess that’s all for now – stay cool out there!

 5 Jul 2021

5 comments:

  1. Ugh Crowns! I had one fall off during Pandemic, luckily I didn't swallow it and could keep it until Dentist's reopened again and they glued it back on. The other Crown that cracked had to be replaced, very expensive! I had 3 Dental Emergencies, all expensive, during Pandemic, including having a Molar just pulled since I couldn't afford the Root Canal nor the thought of even having one. I wish you luck with the Crown, mine at least lasted 30+ Years before it fell off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The craft show sounds great! I haven't been to anything like that in years. Glad your sofa arrived - picture please!

    Ugh - I hate having dental work done. I hope yours goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That art festival sounds fantastic! I love events like that. But, wait a minute, no photo of your new sofa? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like festivals, country shows etc. Looks like there were some lovely exhibits. I wish we had some hotter weather here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our weather here has been so much cooler than normal...we haven't hit 100 yet. Or even high 90's but damn the humidity is horrendous..

    ReplyDelete