Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Yarn!

 

I am a crocheter.  My aunt taught me how to crochet long years ago. 


Like most crocheters (or knitters) I accumulate leftover yarn.  Sometimes a small ball; sometimes a full skein.  But, I don’t like to throw it away – you just never know when you’ll need just a bit of yarn for something. 


Though recently, I did give my daughter a tub full of leftovers.  She also crochets and thought it would be good for practice and such.  (I kept two sort of small - ish boxes).  And, several weeks ago, I decided to make a “leftover” blanket for my bed.  It’s bright and colorful and it works for me.  It’s not too heavy and should be just what I want for spring and fall (yes, we have those seasons – sort of - sometimes)


Think the next project will be a large basket that uses up to 4 different yarns all at the same time. 


Well, off to do the math for the basket because the pattern pretty much says – make a circle and increase around until it’s as big as you want then no more increases. Continue until it’s as tall as you want.


16 Jun 2021


8 comments:

  1. I'm a crocheter, and I approve this message. And I LOVE your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Fabulous blanket. I need to hear more about your crocheting capers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that last meme, LOL! I like your Leftover Blanket -- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ex-crocheter here. It's down the the hands, or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is beautiful! Cannot wait to see your basket...crocheter here as well but I am in a rut. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blanket - but I hate crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both my grandmothers tried to teach me to knit and crochet. After 5 minutes I'd say, "can I go outside and play ball now?" and kept repeating it. Wish now that I had let them cause at 77 I can't play ball any more and it would be nice to knit or crochet something for my ggs.

    ReplyDelete