Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Who designs these things? Who wears these things?



First of all – I HATE to go shoe shopping.  It’s not fun.  It’s not relaxing.  It’s usually not successful.  Argh!

I wanted a pair of loafers.  Something easy – can just slip on – nice looking – wear with jeans or a dress - doesn’t cost $200. 



Did I find anything in my size?  No, nada, none, zero.  Argh!

Yes, I did look on line but that’s like playing roulette, sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you pay twice for shipping (once to you, once back to them).  The problem is all the shoes I like, that meet my needs either don’t come in narrow or narrow starts a half size too big.  Argh!

Ultimately I had to change my wearing criteria and found a pair I can wear with socks  ugh, like back in the 1960’sArgh!



Next life --- I’m going to wear a normal size shoe, maybe a 7M (I’m also going to be 2 inches taller and have perfect vision!). 

So, I expect you’re wondering what all that has to do with the price of potatoes. 

Shoes have been hovering in the hallways of my
mind for a while.

Yesterday my friend Donna and I went “resale shop” – ing.  We went to several “upscale” resale shops.  She was looking for something particular and I was just looking.  And this is what I found -  -




 R E A L L Y ? ? ?

Obviously these shoes were meant to be worn while you are sitting, lounging, looking seductive, etc because I just don’t see a smooth gliding walk in them.  And, don’t you know the first “clump, clump, clump” steps would do away with any seductive, etc.  For myself, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t balance, much less walk in them. 

Finally, I saw these -



with this hanging close by –



So, maybe it’s at the resale shop because someone fell flat on their derrière trying to manage stilettos and fluffy ruffles.

11 Dec 2019

4 comments:

  1. BWAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA! Those shoes! My Gawd! I could just see some dumb blonde walking in them and all of a sudden she's walking with her ankles this way and that and then falling on her face. Those come under the label of Cruel Shoes. I have the same trouble. I have wide feet and I have to wear ballet flats or tennis shoes. I usually end up in Walmart to buy shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so fortunate the only shoe I can manage these days is New Balance. Sometimes for a bit less than $200, if I'm lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only people I ever see wearing crazy heels and over-the-top dresses like that are drag queens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zappos - free shipping free returns! I order up two of everything to try to get the right size and generally ship everything back because of my feet from hell.

    ReplyDelete