Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Hmmmmm . . . .

  

Well, it’s nearly 11am and nothing's happening.  Something is supposed to be happening.  But not yet.

Several weeks ago, I ordered a carport. 



It’s going to look like this – white with black trim.

Finally, last week I got a call that they were ready for the installation.  TODAY!  Yay!  They would be here early.  I obviously have a different understanding of ‘early’ than they have.



This is early.

Currently, it’s mid-morning, heading quickly toward noon-ish.  Nothing happening.  Of course, they are coming from East Texas so . . . . .  I will call if nothing is happening by noon.  I may not be nice.  ps: I just call (and I was nice) no one seems to know exactly where the truck is.  I am not encouraged. 

I’m still working on the walkway up to the house.  Still waiting on the shims that were supposed to be here Saturday.


Currently the package is at a post office carrier facility in Huntsville, TX.  102 miles, 163 km, 88 nautical miles (though I’m pretty sure there’s no waterway between here and there).  Depending on how it gets here (truck, bicycle, donkey), I might get the shims by Thursday or Friday.  I’m about to be annoyed.

I have to get out and vote today.  Usually I vote early but for some reason just didn’t get myself together enough to do it so I have to go today.  Not voting for people – voting for amendments to TX constitution.  I’m ready!

Wow – it’s November already.  And, we go off DST this weekend.  That’s fine.  I like it to be light in the morning when I get up.


The materials for my back porch are here. 


Construction is supposed to start next Monday.

One final thing –

Happy Birthday Cookie Monster!

I shall have some chocolate chip cookies to celebrate.

And, that’s all I know right now.

 



ain’t it the truth!

 

2 Nov 2021

7 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! That is so true about Rome. Sorry for all your logistical issues! I hope you were able to go out & voted.

    P.S. I LOVE DST! But I am not a morning person & don't care if I can see on my way to work - I'd rather be able to see when I get home (although this time of year I'm losing that light anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAA!
    I love that last one about Rome. That was a great come back.
    Sort of sounds like what we have to put up with around here when we are waiting for something to be delivered depending on either if it is a package or service so it sounds legit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dreading the "Fall Back" time change this weekend. It plays havoc with my sleeping patterns for at least a month. It gets worse the older I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we had the RV, we did not experience the time change, AZ doesn't participate. I like that, the whole country should pick one and stick to it. Yes, yard work - everything is heavy! We have to go get pavers to cover up the soft dirt where the neighbors' cats poop. More heavy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We changed the clocks last weekend, I don't know why we keep doing it, I would rather have more light at the end of the day. I hope the carport arrived ok, and good luck with the construction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rome had indeed good roads - some of them are still holding up! Which we can't say of our roads here...
    I hate it when I have to wait for deliveries that were promised for a certain time and then arrive at a completely different time (if at all). Why does it have to be that way? What is so difficult in being a bit more organized?
    I guess I belong to a minority because I still like the change in time twice a year. I'm not bothered by it - we've done it for so long. The only thing that bothers me is that the US is doing it at a different time than Europe and there are always a week or two between it. This of course is only interesting if you have family on both continents and suddenly you have to think of the change in the time difference when you want to call them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Rome comment!

    I hope your carport turned up!

    ReplyDelete