Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Safe-ish

 

Well, this Sunday past I got my 2nd COVID shot.  Guess I’m safer - along with wearing a mask, social distancing, and staying out of crowds.

The first shot didn’t phase me even a little bit.  The second one there were some unpleasant side effects though they lasted only one day.  Monday – I slept most of the day (what my body does when it doesn’t feel 100%) and then went to bed at 830pm and slept all night.  And, today I’m back to 100%.

My knee is still a bit tender from the fall but I did go to yoga last night.  Last time I tried doing yoga, I spent much of the class sitting and meditating!  This time it was better.

I have, every year since their birth, always given/sent Valentine Day cards to my children and grandchildren.  And I got those mailed off – yep – mailed with a stamp and everything.  Doesn’t everyone enjoy getting something tangible in the mail??


Did a bit of cooking.  Several potatoes were at the point of use or toss.  So I made mashed potatoes and froze them.  Yes – they look like muffins but that’s because I freeze them in muffin tins.  Just pop into the oven and, voilà, yummy mashed potatoes!


Also made pasties with sausage and vegetables and beef stew – all of which went into the freezer for future dinners.  I don’t care too much for commercial frozen meals and it is hard to cook for just one person still.  So, I will cook a bunch of things and put them in the freezer, therefore having home-cooked meals.  Works for me.

The temperatures here have stayed in the 60-70’s; a bit cooler at night but not much. 

Today

 However, it appears we are due for a few days of winter after all.  By this weekend we are going to see low’s in the 30-20’s (Hey! I live in south central Texas – that’s cold here!).  Ugh.  Generally, I don’t mind the cold BUT this year I am not prepared, plant- or house-wise.  I’ll have to turn up the heat at the other house and make sure all exposed pipes are covered.  Additionally, I’ll have to cover newly planted things here and get the heaters hooked back up for the ones in the shed and Ellen’s shop. 

I even saw we have a chance of the dreaded S’ stuff.  (Snow or gods forbid, Sleet.) 

Later This Week

Nothing very exciting here.  Just day-to-day living.  Stay warm everybody!


 9 February 2021

5 comments:

  1. I hate the shopping part, so I shop big once a month, spend the next two weeks making dinner for four or six, say, and freezing most of it. Then I spend the last two weeks of the month eating dinner from the freezer. Not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card selection in stores is getting pretty spotty, I find. So many people don't send actual cards anymore that I don't know how card shops manage to stay open. In fact, many don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your second vaccine! We're having whiplash here weather-wise - up to 60 yesterday, and back in the 40s today. Supposed to see S next week. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've had the second jab. I think we're going to have to wait a while for ours.
    Great idea with the potatoes. And with the valentines. I might copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have gotten both your shots! That's great, it's hard for folks to get their first one in Georgia. Never frozen mashed potatoes before, will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete