Thursday, October 8, 2020

Loose Ends

 Today has been the day to clean up all the loose ends involved with moving.  So, here’s the thing – the most annoying thing about moving is NOT

  • Packing all your worldly good into boxes
  • Finding strong bodies to help with the move
  • Unpacking all said goods once moved
  • Having half your world still in boxes in storage
  • Trying to deal with cats, plants, weeds, and other growing things
  • NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING

(although that last is probably the second most annoying thing).  In this day of modern technology, where 99.999999999% of the time you’re talking with a computer, trying to change your address gets the number one position of Most Annoying.  I have experienced all of the following -

 




just today.

None of the banking institutions like my new address.  All of them say – the post office may not deliver there.  Give us a different address.  I try telling them - Yes it does.  I have talked to the local postmaster several times (we are on first name basis now).  The new address is in the system.  And, I am getting mail here. Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh! 

 My natural gas company doesn’t have any humans that work near a phone, I’ve decided.  Not only do they not like the address via internet, they NEVER ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE.

 Have you ever tried to call Social Security????  FORTY-FIVE MINUTES on hold – 45. 

 Honest-to-god, I’m having chest pains from all the aggravation.  Okay, okay, breath in - - - - breath out.

 


Not working so I tried this

 


All better now. 

 I’m sure you’re wondering just how the Demon Duo are handling the move. 

 Not so well at first, but better now.

 First of all, they didn’t like my putting things into boxes and tried to get into every single packed box.  Then, they really didn’t like someone coming into their house and taking all the furniture away.  And finally, the day of doom - move the Demon Duo arrived.  And, they really didn’t like that.

 Their move day – it rained.  Not a drippy rain, not drizzly, not a light refreshing rain but a pouring down as hard as possible rain.  As soon as the rain stopped and I could see blue sky, I shoved each boy into a carrier, popped them in the car and headed to the new house which is about 5 minutes from the old house.  Just five minutes.  About half way there, it started pouring rain again.  And, it continued pouring rain.  So, got there and oh-what-the-hell, tried 

  1.   Getting out of the car and closing the door with an umbrella
  2.   Getting one carrier out of the car and somewhat under the umbrella without flooding the inside of the car.
  3.   Slogging through the mud to the stairs. 

 Then the wind picked up and turned the umbrella wrong way out.  FINE!  Dropped the umbrella and hauled one carrier up the stairs, went back for the second carrier.  And, since I was already soaked to the skin, brought up everything else in the car. 

 The boys were not happy.  They don’t like the carriers.  They don’t like the car.  And, they really didn’t like going from the hated car in the hated carriers into the pouring down rain.  Both ran out of the carriers and hid for 24 hours.

 Now, they’ve settled down a bit and have even gone outside some (more about that at a later time).  Couple nights ago I saw something flash by me and heard a thump and looked up saw. 

 

I don’t know.

Daryl has taken to hiding when he is in trouble, mad, or someone new comes to the house. 

 


Here he has pulled a couple of books off the bookshelf and climbed behind the remaining books on the shelf.  Nope, not coming out.

 I have fished them both out of every cabinet, drawer or open thing in the house – several times.  


Daryl has decided he needs to be in the shower with me and just opens the sliding door and waits for me to shut off the water.  Then he plays in the shower for a while.
 

 Guess that’s about all.  The old house is on the market and has been shown a couple times.  Fingers crossed everyone.  My son-in-law sent me this picture of a place for sale in Albuquerque.  His suggestion was – maybe bbq since it’s Texas.

 


 8 Oct 2020

10 comments:

  1. I have had that happen to me when I try to do an online complaint to USPS. It always tells me my address isn't my address so I am forced to call the 800 number and hang on for 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you should lay in a whole supply of chocolate cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The address situation will resolve itself. I'll be anxious to see what else the boys do. I have two long tables with cubby units underneath. There is more than ample room for my cat to disappear, and visitors have no idea I have a cat. On top of the valence is truly cat worthy, but behind the books could commiserate with my cat. You will regret nothing in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I thought that I had loose ends here and there.
    I concede...you win.
    Sugar always makes my day a bit easier to get through and chocolate is comfort food... isn't it ☕🍫

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrrghghgh that telling you where you live is not where you live! Like being told to go online to find out why you can't get online..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you - I HATE it when, on terminal hold because the internet is down, the recording says - for faster service visit our website at www........

      Delete
  6. I'm not ever moving again...unless they promise me lots of meth...can't do it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. god forbid I ever have to move again BUT if it should happen - I'm sitting in a chair and issuing orders - PACK THAT! YES TAKE THAT! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT! etc, etc.

      Delete
  7. I love the free tacos - and I agree that bbq should work in Texas - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving is definitely stressful !
    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete