Thursday, February 3, 2022

Brrrrrrrrr

  

Hey!  Could somebody north of Dallas please check – I think you left the damn door open and the cold is coming in down here!!


This morning at 6am, we reached our high temperature.  A chilly and wet 37 degrees and, now at 9am, the temps are dropping.  Ugh


I spent a good part of yesterday covering plants and moving everything off the back porch and into the house or shed (the shed – I can heat sort of).  Checked on and wrapped up my plumerias which are hibernating in my sister’s shop building (no way to heat that area) and took cuttings, juuussst in case. 


We are scheduled to have several days (okay, 3 days) of 20 degrees.  Not as bad as last February when the electric grid failed, but cold enough. 


Oh, in addition to closing the door coulda please talk to whoever is controlling the thermostat up there – they might need to 1. Pay better attention or 2. Get the repair guy out.


 

3 Feb 2022

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have plenty of warm socks. And hats. And blankets to share with the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise idea to get the plants somewhere warm and hope for the best for them. It is cold here in Phoenix, not quite as cold as your neck of the woods but colder than average. I take heart that next Saturday the 12th we are forecast for 80 degrees. I will take it!

    Stay warm and safe!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would worry about the plants as well - that's usually my first thought when I hear that temps are getting really low (which they don't really do that often here - freezing nights but days are great). I hope you have warm socks and cozy blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr! It's pretty bad when you're colder than we are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. every now and then I open the door toss some bread out to the birds, slam door and crawl under my electic throw...fuck that.

    ReplyDelete