Sunday, September 27, 2020

Moving – Three

 

And, this will be the last installment on moving as I’m sure you are as tired of it as I am by now.  I shall start with this bit of practical information – Swearing (and possibly stomping, jumping up and down, and/or screaming) is a necessary thing otherwise you’re likely to run screaming down the street with the guys in the white jackets and nets chasing you.

 So – what’s next after the packing? 

 


One bright HOT Saturday morning my daughter, son-in-law, grandchildren, niece, nephew all showed up at my house

 

aaaand we moved stuff.

 





They got all the heavy furniture moved into the new house and placed more-or-less where it would stay.

 Then, I spent a couple weeks moving boxes

 

Unpacking boxes

 

Trying to find places for things that came out of boxes

 


Then, my other daughter came out to spend her vacation (working her patootie off) with me.

 


We moved plants, yard art, windchimes cleaned out the shed, picked up the last few boxes

 

Four – 4 – f-o-u-r truck loads of plants!  Four jam-packed full truckloads of plants!  (I think, perhaps, I was a bit over-zealous with plants)

 We hung pictures, art work, found places for stuff, organized closets and generally made the new house look like I live here.

 We also did some cleaning, patching, painting at the old house.  And, after she left, I continued to patch/paint/clean.

 


Finally I started on the yards.  No fewer than four large branches fell just before and during the storm warning.  Those had to be cut up and stacked for heavy trash.  Picked up a bazillion downed small branches, pulled weeds (dug up a couple more plants) and generally made the yard presentable.

 


If you want to see the house, it’s here –

 https://matrix.harmls.com/DE.asp?ID=DE-53635957281&eml=cGFtLmMubmFzaEBnbWFpbC5jb20=

 

Now, I feel like this –

 


so I’m taking a couple days off to relax and renew.

 27 Sep 2020

6 comments:

  1. Moving is such an ordeal. How lucky you were to have so many helpers! Definitely take some R&R time now and enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im very glad you had a squad of helpers. Even then there was still a lot to do. Yes, now just breathe for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is NO FUN! Glad you're finished with the hard stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on being in your new home. After moving twice, then selling the last house and moving in to an RV, we finally got ourselves well and truly downsized. Then we bought the house in Tucson, and stuff is already creeping back in. We're thinking about moving again, so stuff must not come in here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised: that sounds exhausting. Shall have a look at the house now ...

    ReplyDelete