Sunday, November 25, 2018

Today





  the sun came out.  Yea!  It’s been overcast for the past several days.  Remember my saying that a Texas winter is made up of days - 2 warm and humid, 1 very warm and humid, 2 cold, 2 cool and humid – start again.  Well, today is the very warm and humid day. 

We have a cold front coming in late this afternoon; temps will drop like a stone.  Tomorrow it will only be in the upper 40’s and by Thursday, back to upper 70’s. 

Sunday is my day to do housework (a leftover habit from my working days).  So, while doing laundry, vacuuming, and dusting, I walked around my yard enjoying the balmy air and sunshine.  Here’s what I saw –

Spiders – all over the yard


The Sulphur butterflies are out in force
  

These little guys just wandering around


And, when I checked some of the greenhouse plants,
this little one looked out at me.

Still have a few blooming …..



Milk Weed



Blue Plumbago

Tiny little red roses

Pink Turks Cap

But as it is said – Winter is Coming. 
The Sycamore tree across the street is turning bright yellow –
eye catching with its white trunk.
 


My yard is full of leaves.

and ….

Chickweed – aarrrggghhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment