Monday, March 2, 2020

Texas Our Texas




Today is Texas Independence Day!  184 years ago, a group of 59 delegates convened, drew up and signed the Texas Declaration of Independence thus declaring the independence of the Republic of Texas from Mexico.  



When a government has ceased to protect the lives, liberty and property of the people, from whom its legitimate powers are derived, and for the advancement of whose happiness it was instituted, and so far from being a guarantee for the enjoyment of those inestimable and inalienable rights, becomes an instrument in the hands of evil rulers for their oppression.

When the Federal Republican Constitution of their country, which they have sworn to support, no longer has a substantial existence, and the whole nature of their government has been forcibly changed, without their consent, from a restricted federative republic, composed of sovereign states, to a consolidated central military despotism, in which every interest is disregarded but that of the army and the priesthood, both the eternal enemies of civil liberty, the everready minions of power, and the usual instruments of tyrants. . . . . . . .



They met at Washington-on-the-Brazos and chose David Burnet as provisional president and Sam Houston as commander in chief of all Texan forces. 


David Burnet

 Sam Houston

Texas remained a Republic from October 2, 1835, to February 19, 1846, when it became the 28th state.



Okay – history lesson over.

Y’all have a good day now!

2 Feb 2020

5 comments:

  1. Happy Texas Independence Day! When it did become a US state, I bet Texas wasn't thrilled to have parts of its territory lopped off to join other states, was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are showing off the guns at the Alamo today. They particularly showed off a long rifle from Pennsylvania/Kentucky. It was a very elegant rifle. They also fired a few of them.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Am here to testify what this great spell  caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him  the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my  husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.
    whatapp +2348158452872

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spell to fix your broken marriage or relationship problem or after a divorce or Breakup,I was recently scam by two of them, until one faithful day i meet a man called Dr Oselumen who help me to get back to the father of my kid after we have been separated for two years,I only pay for the items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 24hours my ex husband called me and beg me to forgive him for everything until the end of the world he will never leave me again we are back together.if you need a real and quick love spell or you are passing through pregnancy problem Dr Oselumen is the answer, Please if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droselumen@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete