Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Holes



You know, it is always more enjoyable to
exercise, (in my case walk a couple miles)
with a friend.

So, the other day, we were out walking
(my neighborhood this time)
looking at plants, houses, tree,
and other interesting things.

And, after walking nearly the 2 miles,
Oh look, he sez, holes in the ground.
Lets go see.


Really?????
You know I don’t do well in holes.
I am just a bit (a huge lot) claustrophobic.

Come on

Okay but you go first to scare off any
bats and
rats and
el e fants
(because I’m a big baby and if I
see any of those, I’ll run
screaming out!)



Okay, okay.
not a scrunch up and walk bent over hole
and
not a long tunnel
BUT
there was dirt and cement and people on top of me!

Still I was brave
(following along behind the big tall person)

And, there was a
light at the end of the tunnel.

  
And, grass and
wildflowers on the other side.

Then we walked back to my house.

10 Mar 2020

6 comments:

  1. Is it just me ur are men too inquisitive for their own good. David would have done the same thing. I know he would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a guy thing to me. You were sweet to go along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have done that tunnel okay but don't ask me to travel through the Eurotunnel under the English channel. All that water on top of me? No chance if there's a leak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vivid horrible memories of driving through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. I wouldn't mind a culvert so much, because no water. Right then, anyway.

    ReplyDelete