Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Wednesday - - -

 

Right?  It’s Wednesday today.  After this past week I think I lost track of the days.  I’ve been a bit (well, probably a completely committed) couch potato over the last week or so.


All things considered, I’ve looked more like this – under a blanket on the couch.  Usually with 2 large cats sitting on me.


We’ve been having winter here.  Real winter with overcast days and cold nights.  The house and I both stay cold.  It’s the humidity.  I say this so when I tell you the temperature you won’t think I’m a complete sissy - - Low: 40 degs; High: 55 degs; Humidity: 78% Wind: 10 mph; Feels like: colder than the low.  Inside!  Outside feels like a lot colder than the low.  That’s winter enough (it doesn’t need to get any colder please).


When I wake up in the morning, I tend to lay in bed a few minutes and think about what I need/want/will/should do that day.  This morning I decided I would break the couch potato pattern and start the morning with a 1.5 mile brisk walk. 


I’m a morning person.  If I’m going to accomplish something that takes movement and energy, I’ll do it in the morning.  Otherwise – not getting done.  I looked out this morning and saw a lovely sunrise.  I could see the sun breaking through the clouds.  Oh yes!  Walk it is. 


Like most of us I have a morning routine – feed the demon duo, open the blinds, wind clocks, etc.  By the time I was dressed for walking and out the door, the sky looked like this.


Ugh.  Still, I was determined to walk.  I mean, I have a coat and scarf and gloves (somewhere).  It's the thing I dislike about winter - you have to put on so much to stay warm(ish).  I figure I should get extra points for 1. struggling into the necessary outside accruements and 2. for the extra weight I'll be carrying wearing all those things.  I got in a whole ½ mile in before saying – ok, that’s it, I’m cold.

 


26 Jan 2022

8 comments:

  1. Well, at least you're TRYING to exercise! It's more than I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all relative. Someone who's been through Texas summers is bound to feel cold at those winter temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I can relate. Too many clothes, too many shoe laces to tie, too many jackets! The, upon returning, all of that must be put away. Bring back the shorts and tee shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been cold in Texas, except air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had all the Texas winter last year to last me for 30 winters. If it wasn't for my 3 'required' posts I'd never know what day it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I used to live in Ohio & I think that's pretty cold. I'm happiest right at around 75 degrees, which happens for about 15 minutes in the spring & fall here in NC. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time commenting on your blog :) I love the name of it! I hear you about being cold! It is hard when you are used to a certain temperature and it dips below that. Then you feel you can never get warm. It is ridiculous how many blankets I sleep under and still I feel cold some nights. Once it gets into the bones, it is hard to warm up (at least for me). And the thing is I live in Phoenix. We never truly get cold. But when those temps are in the 60s for the highs and the lows are in the 40s, I'm ready for the heat of summer! Hoping you guys warm up soon (it was 73 degrees here today; can't complain - too much that is).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like you I hate having to dress up in layers in the winter. But I'm a freezer. Hope Spring comes soon!

    ReplyDelete